How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

4 years ago my husband was informed that he should not

Customer Question

4 years ago my husband was informed that he should not have been claiming pension credit and owed 25000 pounds. I thought he might get convicted of fraud but when they visited realised he has mental disorders and didn't know what he was doing. I lodged an appeal to the Independent Tribunal and never heard anyone, even though I phoned twice.
In May of this year ( I was made my husbands personal representative, in 2012), a letter stated that they made an error and the debt had been quashed but they have now made a new claim and as I explained to them our personal circumstances have altered in 4 years. We are both pensioners. My husband has physical and mental problems and I believe this should be cancelled as official error, as we were never notified of the outcome of the appeal. We are not in a financial position to repay this debt
Can you advise please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.How much are they saying is owed please?Alex