How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am starting a rainwear boutique and have a name of Come Rain

This answer was rated:

I am starting a rainwear boutique and have a name of Come Rain And Shine. UK company, website all OK - all fine except there is a EU trademark Come Rain Or Shine registered in the Netherlands. I filed a application to the UK trademark register and the lawyers representing the EU ™ have now written claiming infringement. I would like some advice in dealing with this - we do not want to change our name and think AND is very different in meaning to OR - that is the point, its about shining & brightness even when it may be dark etc. Plus we only want to operate in the UK. What options do we have? The letter requests a reply by 21 May so I'm quite keen for some help fairly quickly!
Kind regards,
***** *****
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Are you in the same industry sector please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Do you have a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
Thank you for responding - we are in the same sector - 18,25 and 35 are the overlaps. We also filed for 43 and 44. My number is *****
Many thanks,
calling now. Alex