How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

UK Law question: I am in a case as claimant, we use to be in

This answer was rated:

UK Law question: I am in a case as claimant, we use to be in the High Court for (IPEC – Intellectual property and enterprise court). We had a case management conference and a high court judge moved the case to the small claims track at Ipec. I want to discontinue the case, but my question is: Can the defendant/s ask for costs if I discontinue, or are they blocked from doing so because we have been moved to the small claims track?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Usually you are responsible for costs. But if you discontinue then they dont get costs on the small claim, assuming there are no adverse costs orders in re-allocating it.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you