How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have been left the use of a house by a former partner. It

This answer was rated:

I have been left the use of a house by a former partner. It is owned by two sisters. I pay all the bills. They have informed me that they wish to sell what will be my position?
Hi, thank you for your question. Do you have a tenancy agreement or do you pay rent? Are/were you married to your former partner?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were not married. I just have what was stated in the will.
Did he own the property prior to his death and he bequeathed a share to you, or is it solely the use of the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property was owned outright by him. He just left me the use in his will.
Thank you, ***** ***** they are the legal owners they can sell the property and all that they will need to do is provide you reasonable notice to leave.I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's a blow. Will I be given a good amount of time to move or will it be rapid.
They will have to give you reasonable notice, so there aren't any definitive timeframes, just what is reasonable in order for you to move.