How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Robinson vrobinson 1995?. Want to know outcome of court order

This answer was rated:

Robinson vrobinson 1995?. Want to know outcome of court order on matrimonial property 1 Royal Troon kirkham preston

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about the background to the question please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am awaiting for your reply please

I am afraid that I need some further background first please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Divorced '91 court order made '95? Preston county ct. re 1 Royal Troon ct. on division of proceedings. I would now like to realise my equity regards


Did you use a solicitor at the time?

Do you not have a copy of the Order?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I had a copy of the order I would not be in contact with you. The solicitor is no longer there

Do you have the Court Number on any other paperwork - such as your Decree Absolute?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry no the divorce was in '91 I left everything in the house


What do you think the Order said about the house - that you would have a share p or retain one you already had?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex wife 75% 25 to myseif
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex wife 75% myseif 25

Did you transfer the property into her name and have a charge on the property for your share?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The court awarded me 25%

I understand that

Did you then sign the property into her sole name with you having a Charge on the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't think l did


Have you obtained the Office Copy Entries for the property to check what they say?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't.

The problem that you face is that even the court may not still have a copy of the Order.

Your starting point is to apply for a copy of the Decree Absolute using the form detailed here

You can then use the Court number to contact the court that dealt with the matter and see if they still have a copy.

At the same time you can obtain a copy of the Office Copy Entries from the Land Registry

There is a good possibility that your interest in Registered which will allow you to take the necessary steps to call for the sale of the property

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very good Thank you Clare .Regards ***** *****