How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34903
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My question is with regard to the question on the Acknowledgement

This answer was rated:

My question is with regard to the question on the Acknowledgement of Service form which asks :- "Even if you do not intend to defend the case do you object to paying the costs of the proceedings? If so, on what grounds?"
The petitioner(my wife) has agreed to pay the court costs for the divorce proceedings so what should my answer be?
Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Looking at the last page of the Petition itself - has your ex actually claimed costs at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareNo she has not claimed costs to be paid by me.
Then you can just put "not applicable" without any problem.Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareThanks for your answer. Are you 100% sure though?
If she has not claimed costs then the court cannot order them.However if you wish to reassure yourself then say "they have not been asked for"
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Clare. Very much appreciated.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well