How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My partner is sentenced years in a prison and no

Customer Question

Hi, my partner is sentenced for 4 years in a prison and no compensation order for costs was made by the Criminal Courts against him, but the victim use no win no fee solicitor and send my partner a letter to his prison asking money for compensation. What should we do if we cannot afford civil solicitor. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What is the offence please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's about historical sex thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was accused my partner to force his hand to touched my partner private part
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my partner still on his sentence appeal at the moment he is also on legal aid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
our solicitor mentioned this is a civil matter and I need civil solicitor but we can't afford any
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Does your partner have any money ? Or assets?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;8000 joint account with me and his house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
his house cost £200000
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What is the equity in it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I don't quite get the question. You mean value of the stuffs in the house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house price estimate is around £200,000 and he owns it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, he is worth suing then. There is no way around it. The reality is that he either deals with it himself or instructs a solicitor. Many people cannot afford a solicitor. in truth, neither can she is she is using a no win no fee firm. They may not take on the case. They have to get past limitation although that is easier to do now than ever before. Also, if he has been convicted then it would be impossible to challenge the facts alleged in the civil courts I’m afraid. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo