How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71031
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was involved in a minor collision and the driver of the

Customer Question

I was involved in a minor collision and the driver of the other car grabbed my arm and moved me away. I reported the collision to the police as we did not exchange details at the scene and I have now received an email to say they are investigating an allegation of assault which I have asked them to do. I don't want to take it any further and don't see any assault so what can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have you made a statement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dialled 999 and I told them what happened and then had a person call me back and ask a few questions, they said that if they didn't hear back from me they would assume I didn't want to take it any further, but now I received the email from a PC saying they will contact me about the allegations
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you haven't made a statement then just tell them you are not interested.They will probably accept that without complaint. This is not domestic twaddle that should be in the family court. It will not trigger the usual waste of public money. If you are uninterested and you have not wasted taxpayer's money they will be perfectly happy with your decision.In any event, whether they like it or not if you refuse a statement nobody can force you to make one. Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo, what constitutes a statement? Giving them details of the collision over the phone or something formal that I sign at a police station or them coming to my house?
When they call me what should my response be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would they investigate regardless?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I reply back to the officers email and tell them I am not interested in taking it any further? What wording should I use?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Just tell them you don't want to make am allegations
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
you may as well reply.