How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

My husband is away and has received a cheque he has asked me

This answer was rated:

My husband is away and has received a cheque he has asked me to open a bank account in his name and deposit the cheque for him, his post has now been redirected to him so the paperwork will go to him, is it legal for me to do this?
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. It is legal to deposit a cheque on his behalf. If you were opening a bank account on behalf of your husband, this is also legal, but the bank would have to agree to let you open the account without him being present and without his ID documents. The bank may require you to have a power of attorney in order to do this on your behalf. Is his address abroad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He wants me to open it on line is this legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I open the account online will that be legal ?
Hi, Thank you. No this is not illegal as long as you have his permission and his ID, and also as long as you do not sign a declarations on his bath that the bank may require. The action of opening the account is not in itself illegal. Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
No problem. I wish you the best of luck. Any feedback is gratefully received. Kind regards AJ
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you