How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Would you please give me some advice. My wife has ask

This answer was rated:

Would you please give me some advice.
My wife has ask for a Judicial Separation.
A Mediator as told me, that I can stay in my own home since my wife is already
in Sheltered Acommodation. Is this Correct?
I am 81, my wife 77. We have been married for 55 yrs.
Ken. Wyatt
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-What is the legal status of the property - is it owned or rented?-Whose name is ***** ***** in?-Was the property the former matrimonial home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kenneth Wyatt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - as the property is in your sole name, then you have a legal interest in the property and you can remain there for as long as you wish, or until a court order excludes you from the property. Despite your wife not being on the title of the property she has matrimonial home rights and therefore has the right to occupy the property until divorce is finalised, and is also able to make a claim towards the property as part of any financial relief application alongside the divorce.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you