How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My girl friend of 6months his coming to stop with me month,

Customer Question

My girl friend of 6months his coming to stop with me for a month, she lives in Russia.
If things work out between us how can she stop with me longer, I would like to marry her and have a family if possible. I have a farming business I hope it not money orientated as I think she mite have to sign a price of paper so she dose not take half the farm, I like her a lot and want this to work
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,You have two options: 1. Fiancee Visa. 2. Spouse Visa.Fiance Visa:You will learn need to apply for a Fiancee visa. If granted, she will be granted a visa for 6 months during which time you will have to marry. Thereafter, you will have to apply for a Spouse Visa. Spouse Visa:You will be required to travel to Russia, marry your Spouse and the apply.In any event, you will need to evidence that you will be able to support your partner without recourse to public funds for the period of her visa. Further, you will need to have a minimum income of £18,600.Both applications will need to be made outside of the UK and in the normal place of residence of your partner.With reference to the signing of paper. This will need to be a pre-nuptial agreement and I would strongly suggest you seek specialist legal advice.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.Kind regards,