How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

L am receiving Housing Benefit l currently reside. l also

This answer was rated:

l am receiving Housing Benefit for where l currently reside. l also recieve PIP also ESA.
Am l right in assuming that there is no ceiling on the amount of rent l can receive because of the PIP eligibility ?
Also my Mothers Partner is just come up for retirement (65).
Myself l am 55yrs of age this year. My date of birth being the 23/07/61

Hi, thank you for your question. As you are in Personal Independence Payment, there is no benefits cap and therefore you should not be capped for housing benefit, but a proper assessment will need to be undertaken. Furthermore, if you have spare bedrooms, then you may be liable for the "bedroom tax" whereby your housing benefit is reduced by 14% for one bedroom and reduced by 25% for two bedrooms or more.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you