How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

Alex Hope your well. I wanted some advise if possible. I

Customer Question

Hi Alex
Hope your well.
I wanted some advise if possible.
I have been living in Australia for 10 years and just found out that I have 4 legal charges against my property in the uk. I didn't receive any notification about these orders as I had a problem tenant living in my property that was not forwarding my mail. Do I have grounds to set aside these orders due to not have a chance to sort out the debt before it got to this point?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Alex does not appear to be online. Can i assist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that would be great, do you have experience with charging orders?
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
I am a solicitor-advocate so shoild hope so.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the bad news is that you cannot just apply to the land regsistry to have the charging orders removed .Depending on when the orders were made, you may apply to have them set aside. Generally this is within 28 days of the order being made failing which there must be exceptional circumstances.I would suggest you contact the hilders of the charging orders and attempt to deal with it that way.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards