How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71158
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been arrested child images. If the case goes to court

This answer was rated:

I have been arrested for downloading child images. If the case goes to court I would like to know that if I move to a different address will the new address be the one given in court. I do not want my current address to be published as I want to protect my wife and family
I am sorry but it will.The court will have to be aware of your address and that will need to be the one at which you actually live. There may well be a condition of residence.I'm very sorry but there is no way around it. The Court will need to know your actual address and it will be read out in court.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Due to difficulties at home I will be moving to a new address and will inform the police before I am charged. I have got to return to the police station in August to hear what action will be taken. If I am charged to appear in court which address will be read out in court, my current address or the new oneI
The address at which you live at the time of the appearance.
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you