How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am a uk national. Im married to indian citizen since April

Customer Question

I am a uk national. Im married to indian citizen since April 2012.
My wife is classed as overstayer in uk as we were waiting date for our wedding. She was in uk on student visa.
For past 5 yrs, our solicitor has been trying to get permant uk residence visa but so far without success using article 8.
There are many reasons why i cannot go and live in india : I have a severe stammer which would make getting work there virtually imposible. I have full time job with company pension in uk which ive had since 2001 (this was my first job as id been rejected time after time, cus of my stammer). I have elderley father who relies on me to help him.
A freind of my wifes was overstayer for a long time and now has UK passport.
Please could you offer advice?.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, could you please confirm why your wife became and overstayer and on what basis is your solicitor trying to apply under article 8?