How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1371
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I brought a piece of land which i paid cost me 40000 pounds

Customer Question

Hi i brought a piece of land which i paid for is cost me 40000 pounds i had to get loans to pay for it my uncle was put on the deeds as he was going to pay half of the loans he never did and i can prove that i paid the money for the field however never had it in writing from him pomise to pay for half the loans i have been in debt for four years three years ago he told me he would give me 40000 pounds to give the field however he was saying that for the last three years now he wont give me any saying beacause i put him on the deeds half of it is his so not going to pay or sale it i desparatly need the money please please help he even told my parents his sister that i paid for it but would never rip me of can i force the sale and would i be the loser of it all also can i sell my half if i want to
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you. Please may I ask: - are you joint tenants or tenants in common in respect of the land? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joint tenants
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for clarifying that for me. The starting legal position is that do own the land equally - but given what you have said about your uncle having suppose to contribute - but not having done so - then you need to consider making an application to your local county court under the Trust of Land Act - asking for: 1) the court to make a declaration as to your interest in the propertyand 2) an order for sale so that your share can be realised Whilst I appreciate that there was no written agreement between yourself and your uncle - you should still argue that the agreement was a verbal one and that he has not contributed at all. You should have a paper trail fro what you have paid. You make the application on a claim form Part 8. The court fee is £215. You may also want to consider mediation - this is a way of trying to resolve matters without the need for court. Do let me know if I can help you further. Kind Regards Caroline Please kindly remember to star rate our service