How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I am applying residency in the UK.I am totally confused and

This answer was rated:

I am applying for permanent residency in the UK.I am totally confused and bewildered as to which Application Form to fill out when I look at on the government web site.I am wishing to stay as I have been married to a British Citizen for 32 years.I have had permanent residency granted to me on 2 previous occasions in the 1970s and the 1990s. These have expired. We returned to live permanently in the UK in November 2011. I own my own home and have no mortgage.I have no criminal convictions.I have no debt. I work successfully as an estate agent,although I am a qualified primary school teacher.Please advise which form I need to fill out?
Thank you Stephen Levy 14 Well Park Place,Newcomen Fields,Stoke Fleming,Dartmouth TQ6 0PQ 01803 770784
Hi,What permission do you currently have to be in the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 year visa
Hi,Sorry to be a pain, but can you be more specific? Is it a work visa or an EEA Family Permit? It is important as I need to ensure I provide you with the correct information.Many thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I use Form EEA (PR) Application for a document certifying permanent residence or permanent residence card ?
There are so many I get confused.
The EEA Forms are only applicable to persons holding either EEA Family Permits or other European nationalities.If your 5 year visa was granted under the UK immigration rules, it would be a different form
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. I am looking for permanent residency.(eventually a British Passport) I have had it before ,but it expired as I had been out of the country for longer than 5 years. I had it before because of my English grandparents on my mums side who went to New Zealand. I think it is better now to use my marriage situation as my wife is a UK Citizen with a UK Passport.WE have been married for 32 years.
Hi,If you had PR, this refers to a type of visa that is granted following an application made under the EEA rules. If this is a case, you would have to use Form EEA (PR).If you have been granted a visa under the UK Immigration Rules, in order to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain (the equivalent of PR under the UK Rules) you would have to use form Appendix FM 1.0a. You will also need to complete the life in the UK test. Further details can be found on the following link: hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Kind regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the following help you give me a definitive answer?
Stamped in an earlier passport of mine.Date 23 November 1977 Given leave to remain in the United Kingdom for an indefinite period Signed on behalf of the Secretary of State Home Office.
Stamped in another passport of mine.Date 26 August 1992.Given leave to remain in the United Kingdom for an indefinite period.Signed on behalf of the Secretary of State Home Office.
I was then granted a 5 year visa on 15 September 1911.
What was the 5 year visa in 2011. Can you attach a copy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My PDF attachments wont attach,keeps saying unknown error.What do you suggest.Shall I try and send them to you on another email adress.Thank you Stephen
Can you attach a picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are on to it now,thankyou
many thanks
Do you have a number I can contact you on? If that helps!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or ***********
Hi Stephen,Further to our conversation, I believe that the form you require to apply for indefinite leave is Form SET O. The form can be found at the following link: hope this assists. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If I can assist any further, please do not hesitate to ask.Kind regards,
chatham-chamber and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Ish THANK YOU so much.Your help and advice were excellent.Kind regards ***** *****
Your welcome.Good Luck!