How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband and I have recently separated 2nd time since

This answer was rated:

My husband and I have recently separated for the 2nd time since 2013. This time it is going to lead to divorce. We have managed to sort out the financial side of things but we have hit a road block with regards ***** ***** to our daughter who is 8 years old. She currently lives with me. In 2013 my husband was placed on the sex offenders register he is classed as low risk but he was recently placed on supervised contact only because my daughter and him argue and fight all the time and social service and the multi agency team were concerned that he might hurt her. My mother in law has also recently had my daughter in her home with someone who is currently being investigated for sex offences against minors without my knowledge. Again because of this she has now been told that she can only have supervised contact with my daughter. Needless to say both my soon to be ex-husband and mother in law have been told that if they want to have the supervised contact lifted they will have to go through a solicitor. I am currently doing everything I can to raise my daughter in a safe and secure environment and the fact the both of them have recently lied to me about things I am not sure I would want the supervised contact lifted as I couldn't say that I would trust either of them 100% to keep my daughter safe while I wasn't there. Could you give me any guidance as to where I stand with this.
Kind Regards
***** *****

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What contact are they currently having?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the moment they only have supervised contact when I have time to take her to see them. I am the only one that can supervise the contact and I work full time so it's mainly at the weekends when I can get them to see her. This sin't good enough for them and they want more access unsupervised.

Have you considered using a Contact centre?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have but I know its something that they won't agree to. They want to see my daughter basically when it suits them unsupervised.

Whether they agree or not it is a very reasonable offer and one which the court will see as reasonable.

Their own behaviour has led them to a position where Social Services see them as a risk to your daughter making a Contact Centre the only reasonable solution as there is no basis on which you should be having to supervise the contact.

Write a formal letter and say that you will facilitate ocntact in a centre local to you if THEY arrange it - and leave it at that.

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you