How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

Good day. I am a South African practising Attorney now

This answer was rated:

Good day. I am a South African practising Attorney now for 31 years. I have my own practice and specialise in Property Law and Deceased Estates as well as being a Notary.
Kindly advise what is required to practise law in the UK. I hold a British Passport as I was born in the UK and would like to think about relocating back to the UK. I have heard that here is scope to become a Notary or be used as a Notary in the UK. Would you know of any opportunities offered or opening for Attorneys from SA in the UK or any Attorney relocating. I was also thinking along the lines of doing work for fellow South Africans wanting to or already living in the UK.
Any information would be of great help.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is my question being reviewed
Hi Neil,To practice as a lawyer in the UK, you would need to complete the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test (QLTT). This is like going back to University.There is scope for work as a Notary, but again, you will have to transfer your qualifications to the UK. The Notaries Society may be able to assist in the transfer.Further details of the QLTT can be found at the following link: you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Kind regards,
chatham-chamber and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your information. Kindly do not charge my card every month as our exchange rate is very bad and unless i need to request answers I kindly ask you to remove my card details as soon as possible. I just needed direction and am happy to pay for this answer but not to be debited continually please. Many thanks Neil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond on my request
Thanks Neil.I will close your post. You should not be charged again. If you are, please contact customer services.Kind regards,