How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I hope you can put my mind at rest. my son and caught in law

This answer was rated:

hello, I hope you can put my mind at rest. my son and caught in law have had a very hard life through. I'll health and financially..I have helped them throughout the years and love them dearly in February I took out a life insurance on them as I knew they had no means to do this,they are both in their 50s and thought l would surprise them to know their. sons would be safeguarded.this has backfired on me, she said I had no right to do this. I am75 years old and worry about them have I done wrong and what can I do.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is your daughter in law's objection to this kindness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She says I should have discussed with her first and objected to me she quotes-taking liberty but the idea was to surprise and please her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She also says its illegal to take the policy's out on other people I am not asking her to pay the premiums ,I am paying them through my bank

She is not correct.

Your generous gesture is not illegal and is an excellent way of protecting your grand children

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much,I was worried I had done something illegal ,could l still continue with the policy's to know the children have means , if ,god forgive me, something happens to their mum or dad

Of course you can. It is a great kindness

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for putting my mind at rest unfortunately this has caused a rift between us but I will cancel the policy's thank you for your help