How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I want to take my daughters school to court. They are not

This answer was rated:

Hi, I want to take my daughters school to court. They are not willing to give me her grades school reports and any mailings despite recently going to court with my ex wife which produced a court order for a full list of everything the school must provide to me. I have written to them sending them the recitals in court order asking for all the paperwork retrospective and they are again ignoring my request. I am really fed up with this schools attitude it is an independent school that my exigencies gained a bursary for my daughter?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.On what basis do they refuse?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Me ex wife basically gave the school a copy of my position statement, from 2011, which said I was having to walk away from the children (4) as it was a very acrimonious divorce, the children were completely indoctrinated and I therefore not seen them in person for last 5 years. I have been receiving all reports from all different schools they attend without issue until my ex wife decided to obtain a bursary From an independent school for 1 of the children. They sent me a letter when I called them to introduce myself and cited my position statement from 2011 saying I relinquished all contact with my children and therefore wasn't entitled to have information regarding this child!! They put this is a letter which also said I'm not welcome on the school premises which they carbon copies to my ex wife. It has caused me issues with the other schools as she took this letter to the other schools which is why we ended up in court to prove PR and that there were no safeguarding issues which this independent school also cited (all came from my ex wife). The court clearly ordered in my favour that I was entitled to info and actually far ore than I expected it also cited there were no safeguarding issues! I have sent a copy of this order to school and asked for info and they're now not responding again!! I had to enlist an educational barrister but I have now spent in excess of £2000 to fight this, I've won and still I'm not getting the information I'm entitled to. As the issue was with the children ie children act this is now with the school not giving me the information not my ex wife? So that why I want to take them to court but I don't aNt to enlist another barrister. I am also looking at breach of data and defamation of character as I deal with high net worth customers who are parents at this independent school who have become privy to this information and has affected my work and income!
Its not Defamation so I would forget that unless you have £15,000 to spend and want to go to the High Court.You need to write and ask that they disclose the information or say you will go to Court. If they refuse then I would get a Solicitor to write and say you are entitled to it otherwise you will go to Court.If they still refuse you can seek a Court order giving you the information. You would need to complete form N1: copy of the claim form would be sent to the School who would be able to respond. The Court would list the matter for hearing and decide whether to Order that the school give you the information.If the Court does and the school refuses this could be contempt of Court, which they may be warned, fined or sent to prison.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's brilliant, uveal ready written to say ie I'll follow up with court action if they do not respond and gave a time frame this is soon to pass. I just wasn't sure of the form I need to complete as we've completed quite a number in past which have all been mainly children act related. Thanks again.
Happy to help. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you