How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I live in England but have a CCJ against a Scottish citizen

This answer was rated:

I live in England but have a CCJ against a Scottish citizen 2 years ago for £10,200 which has amount of £7,000 still outstanding. This CCJ is registered in Edinburgh and I have obtained an Inhibition on his house. I obtained the services of a Sheriff and have gone as far as we can go with that. They did manage to get the sum of £2,000 and temporary repayments of £50 per month until January 2016 when he was to pay the remaining balance. He refuses all communication and I would like to know how to proceed. Do I serve him with a statutory demand and if so how do I go about it. He lives in Livingstone and is a self employed taxi driver I am 76 yrs old and frankly I am fed up waiting for him to pay me my money because at the present rate of payment it will take a further 10 yrs to pay this debt off and I may not even be alive then. I really don't know what else to do to recover this money.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.You could make them bankrupt. If they owe over £3000 then you can make them bankrupt.This seems like the best process and as such any assets they have would be seized. The Receiver could also make them sell the house.You must issue first a statutory demand/charge for payment.If this is not satisfied then you can make them bankrupt.For more information please see: I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, I already know about the statutory demand for payment, my question to you was how do I go about serving this demand on the debtor.
You can use a process server. You can find one online or pick one of‎ I clarify anything for you?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you