How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Dear Harris,I am currently going through a family law case

This answer was rated:

Dear Harris,I am currently going through a family law case regarding contact. An order was made on 22/04/2016, prior to the final hearing which will be on 12/08/2016. My ex-partner's solicitor has written to inform me that she is going to apply to vary the order of 22/04/2016, requesting more time to file my ex-partner's statement.I do not have clarity on exactly how applying for a variation works. Are the other party required to send me a copy of their application to vary the order? I am concerned that I will not know exactly what what grounds my ex-partner is requesting to vary the order on or how long an extension they are applying for.Many thanks.
Hi, thank you for your question. You should be served with all paper work that his solicitors file with the court - both correspondence and applications and if they do not provide this then you should request it from them as it is part of practice direction that they provide you these.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you