How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My estranged husband is constantly speaking to people (small

Customer Question

hi my estranged husband is constantly speaking to people (small town) about my supposedly numerous affairs he is even naming our solicitor as one of these, he goes into the local shops, he came to my new house and told the builders I employed.
I need some process to stop him, his current partner of 6 weeks has even sent me texts accusing me of the same.
We have no dependent children and have already sold and split the family home.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Your solicitor should issue a cease and desist letter to him threatening court proceedings if he doesn't stop this behaviour. If he continues thereafter your option is to take him to court for defamation. That could be expensive but you would seek costs from him and the threat of this may be enough to stop him. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credits for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the reply wasn't as full as I needed i.e. what evidence would I need to take this forward. The reply was what i could have got from quite simply googling it
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you could have googled it if you wanted to in the same way that you could have googled how to bomb America. So tell me what you would like to know because the answer to your question is in fact correct. But let me know what isn't as full as you needed and I will try to help you further.