How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71154
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

On last Saturday I was arrested drunk, of disorderly

This answer was rated:

On last Saturday I was arrested for while drunk, of disorderly behavior and o the morning when I was speaking to the officer I was still drunk and angry and I did not accepted fee an I said that I want to go to Court witch was very stupid. I don't want to go to Court and I understand my mistake . What can I do ?

Are you summonsed already?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hve to be in court on 22-6-2016
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i misunderstood
i havent been summonsed previousy

So you have been bailed then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am granted bail

What did the officer offer you as an alternative to a charge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Officer said that I am charge or if I disagree I can go to Court and any way I was still drunk and ignored them and did not understated everything because I am Polish
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
charge of penalty fee .sory

That is a problem then I'm afraid.

You can always try to negotiate that the matter is resolved now by means of a fixed penalty fee but I'm afraid that is usually a one off offer.

You can always write to CPS making representations but the chances that would be accepted are fairly low unfortunately.

I'm very sorry but that is position.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok then so i have go to Court ,If ill just apologize what can I expect in Court what sort of punishment ?

If this is just drunk and disorderly then it will only be a fine at court.

It will be higher than the fixed penalty would have been but it will be a fine overall.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thing that was the most important answer for me .Thank you for your help.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you