How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My grandson is in the care of the local authority I am being

Customer Question

my grandson is in the care of the local authority I am being asked to complete assesments to be considered as a carer Can I apply for legal aid
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Unless you are officially joined into the proceedings then you are not even able to apply for Legal Aid, even if you are financially eligible.

Unless the child is placed with you then I am afraid that it is unlikely that you will be made a Party

Please ask if you need further details