How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My neibours claim that my tree on my side of the fence, a

This answer was rated:

My neibours claim that my tree on my side of the fence, a silver birch, is causing cracks to appear in their bedroom wall. This is after velux windows were installed in their bungalow roof which my tree, already there for many years is now shading.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

For now please let me know whether you accept the cracks or not? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not seen cracks. They say their surveyor has seen them.

Have you seen a the report?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.they just don't like my tree. I do not wish to give them credibility by engaging with them.

You need to see a copy of the report, if its a Court approved one then you need to see what it says in terms of cause.

If you disagree with the findings then you can get your own surveyors report. If that says the same thing, ie the tree causes it then you would need to reduce it in height.

If you refuse then they could take the matter to Court and a Judge could order that you reduce it.

If the surveyor report you get does not say its from the tree, then you can dispute it on that basis.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you