How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am inquiring to see i have any sort of case, i was

Customer Question

good afternoon
i am inquiring to see i have any sort of case, i was assaulted in a night club via a headbutt to my right cheek bone/ eye socket. fractured in several places, and a the moment still have a broken nerve causing a numb right lip/nose an cheek
problem is the club didn't hold the person who caused this and not sure if the police can find the person who did it
so question is do i have a case against the club for letting them leave?
any information on this would be great
many thanks Alex bellhouse
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alex my name is ***** ***** and I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve?
How long did your injury last?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know if I am eligible for compensation for the injuries I sustained from the unprovoked attack. How I go about getting this, and is there a way of suing the nightclub for not maintaining a safe environment by allowing the attackers to leave the premises and not calling the Police instantly.The injuries are still ongoing due to fractures and nerve damage. The incident occured 13 May at 0200.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £1,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial. The usual small claims limit is £10,000 but for personal injury its £1000.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: