How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

In August 2014 I bought a buy-to-let flat that came with a

This answer was rated:

In August 2014 I bought a buy-to-let flat that came with a tenant, who is still in situ. The freehold of the property has since been sold to a company called RG Reversions 2014 Limited. I have not paid any ground rent, which is only £75 a year, because I have never received any request for payment.
I have now received a Forfeiture of Lease letter from their solicitors, unless I pay £1,590 which includes County Court judgement for £960, two years ground rent and their costs.
It appears that all correspondence on the matter has gone to the flat and the tenant, if he has received it, has just ignored it. He never advised me of having received any letters for me. What can I do? The solicitors say that it was my responsibility to provide the landlords with my correspondence address, but I didn't even know that my landlords had changed.
Any advise on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Terry my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Has your address always been the one you have received previous invoices at?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex
Will you be able to ring me today or tomorrow? Because I am going away on Sunday until 15th June. Phone number is ***** 524640.

Calling now. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex
Further to our telephone conversation I asked you where I could find details of the Count Court Business Centre adjudication. You told me to look at but I cannot see where to proceed to find what I need in that website. Can you help me? The claim number is *****

Terry - you can try calling the Court at 0300(###) ###-####/p>

They can send you the details.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
Thank you for your reply. I am going abroad tomorrow for two and a half weeks. I will phone the court on my return.

Ok. Good luck. Alex