How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can my employee drive a farm vehicle on a "private farm

Customer Question

Can my employee drive a farm vehicle on a "private farm road" with public access (footpath) without a driving license and insurance?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, they would be driving on private land?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they will be driving on our farm. The farm has some very public areas where clients arrive and go, tenants in the buildings and footpaths. No vehicle goes onto a public road.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then you dont need insurance for that. If it is all private you are ok, there is no insurance requirement under the law. However if there is an accident with a member of the public on the private land, you may wish to have insurance to cover you for that, otherwise you may be liable for any claim.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: