How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

In January me and my Boyfriend move out from property we

Customer Question

Hi there, in January me and my Boyfriend move out from property we rented via agency in private home, after we moved out our landlord agency don't want give us our deposit back, we contacted with deposit protection centre but we made mistake and check deposit can kept agency, we tried contact with agency but nobody answer our call or email. Deposit protection service wrote they closed our claim. Please let me know if we can get our deposit back, after that long time.
Regards Adrian
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


Is there a reason your landlord has claimed the deposit? Did you owe rent at the time you left?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We didn't owe rent, we didn't get any reply from landlord
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


I would suggest that you write to the landlord and demand payment with 14 days. If he does not pay, you will have to take him to court.

You can do this online at

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards