How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71133
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My Daughter is 17 and plays in a rock band. She has been

This answer was rated:

My Daughter is 17 and plays in a rock band. She has been turned away from a pub that she was booked to play in by the doorman, although she had spent the afternoon setting up and sound checking. She was accompanied by myself, her father. What is the licensing law in this case ?

Upon performing or buying alcohol?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Purely performing.

Anybody can perform in a pub. The restrictions are upon buying alcohol.

That said, a pub can deny entry to any person they like. Their invitation to enter is one that can be withdraw in their sole discretion unless it offends against the Equal Opportunities legislation.

There are child labour laws but they wouldn't be breached here.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Would it be likely that there could be any condition attached to the Pub Licence at all ?

Not on performances.

I suppose it is possible but not likely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I think that answers my question.

No problem.

All the best.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you