How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Background: we have won our small claims case and costs. The

Customer Question

Background: we have won our small claims case and costs. The other party refuses to pay or to provide the address where he is living and other information, making it almost impossible to enforce. ( he has proviuded a POBox address for service and the court cannot even apply the CCJ!!! ). He has disobeyed no less than 6 court orders. I want to apply to the court for contempt of court. I know about PART 81 but it is not clear: I need clarification about 1. which form to use (Form 244?), 2. when/where to put the prison warning, 3. statement of truth/affidavit, 4. draft order and 5. how to apply to the judge to dispense with service. (Clearly I have no address for the other party and he has disobeyed a court order specifically ordering him to provide this information.)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Instead of going through the process of committal proceedings, have you considered instructing a teacing agent to locate his residential address? As long as you have his name, date of birth and any other details for him, a tracing agemt can attempt to locate him.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.