Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Our son has not made a will. If he dies s flat would come to

our son has not made a will. If he dies his flat would come to us as next of kin. can we refuse to accept it.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. Any party is entitled to "disclaim" an inheritance, so yes- you could refuse to accept the flat if you wanted to. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. Please let me know if you require any further clarification. Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that all I wanted to know.Pete

Thanks Pete. If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer, so I may get credited for helping you. Kind Regards Al

Hi Pete, please don't forget to rate my answer. Many thanks Al