How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have guaradianship which i obtained from family court in

Customer Question

I have guaradianship for child which i obtained from family court in pakistan is ti regonised by home ofice
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Where does the child curtly live?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
child been with us in uk for 6years we send the home office guardianship document but home office do not accept it saying it is not issued by uk courts .can i have asks courts to issue me with guardianshipdocument or can itake document that was issued in pakistancourt so that they can give me document produced by uk court
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has the child been living with you in the UK?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you aware that the site charges more for a phone call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dear Clare
Since you unable to phone me can just answer the question child is living with us inuk for 6 yearsnow i have got guardianship document from pakistan family courts ..Do i have to make new guardianship document issued by uk court Orcan i show them the courts document that was issued in pakistan so that they issue me from uk also child mother is in pakistan will that be problem for the courts look forward for your reply thankyou urgent..
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am happy to call if you wish me to make an offer.

What has been the immigration status of the child until now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dear clare
since i have given you enough information on the matter in question and failed to reply i would like my refund of the money thank you for help
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate that you feel that you have given enough information but unless I understand on what basis the child has spent the last six years in the UK I cannot help you with the correct way forward.

The Home Office have a very bad record when it comes to recognising family based adoptions from Pakistan and India, so I need to work out what your options are here in the UK

I am afraid that you cannot simply take the document from the Pakistan Court and have it confirmed by a Uk Court - so we need to work out of you need to appeal the Home Office decision - or if you are better making an applictaion to the Uk court .

You have said that the child has lived here with you in the Uk for the last six years - but I need to know what the immigration status was - and where the birth mother was during that period.

I am also happy to speak to you on the telephone I just wished to be certain that you were aware that it cost extra under the rules of the site

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still awaiting a phone call, which I paid for