How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We are owed monies from works undertaken company from over 6

This answer was rated:

We are owed monies from works undertaken for a company from over 6 months. We have written and resubmitted the invoices, but have had no communication. The last letters were sent to the company registered address. With a view to going to small claims court
Subsequently we have heard that he is lining up to file for bankruptcy
Can you advise if you feel we will count as an existing creditor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help toy.

Did you work for a Ltd company? How much is owing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DMC Limited
The amounts are in the region of £2,500
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry DMC Fire Limited

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

You dont need a Solicitor as these costs can't be recovered, but if you have already written just issue a County Court claim

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** much as I thought. We have recorded delivery records for the letter sent to the registered address, but the individual did not collect the one to his personal address.
To our knowledge his is busy moving assets to hide them from a divorce proceeding.
We only became aware of the bankruptcy plan this morning

Yes. If he applies to strike off the company then you can object to this at Companies House. You will see if there is an application to strike off as its a public record.

Can I clarify anything else for you? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** that we manage to get this sorted.
I cannot think of anything else

Good luck Robert. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course
Thank you

Thanks. Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you