How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12083
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Can i register my Late Father's house in my name.I am living

This answer was rated:

Can i register my Late Father's house in my name.I am living in it 13 years. I have the deeds safely in solicitors . My Brother & I were to have the use of the house for our time and then left to his grandson =. neither he our my brother have shown any interest or payment for upkeep, rates etceven when my Brother and i were to maintain it.

From your narrative the house was left to your last father's grandson with you and your brother having a life interest. For that reason you can't register the title in your name. You have no legal right to do so. Whoever pays for the upkeep is not relevant I'm afraid. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am creditd for my time.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your answer and time.I love this place so will continue to enjoy and pay the price accordingly even though it pains me, as I seem to have to carry the financial burden all my life on my own. Even caring for my Father whom I adored when he could no longer look after himself.Just pulled the short straw I suppose.M