How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have rented land and stables yrs with permission to put on

Customer Question

i have rented land and stables for 23 yrs with permission to put on a park home , i have lived on site in my own park home also for 23 yrs .The owner would now like to build one house on site for his son . I need to know my rights in this situation , my home cannot be moved plus i have nowhere to move it too, i have 3 ponies on site also. There has been no bad feeling but i feel so ill and stressed, i work full time, 30 hrs,, there are and have never been arrears, i pay 3 months in advance, there has never been a contract of any sort thank you ***** *****house age 58 *********** the old stables 65 wood lane streetly sutton coldfield b74 3ls
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you

Do you have any form of written agreement please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Its bad news I am afraid. They are entitled to seek a Court order for possession.

The fact you do not have a lease or any agreement means you have a tenancy at will. That tenancy can be terminated at any time. You only gain a right if it was in writing and it was for x number of years.

Then when x number of years end you would need to renew it, but on the basis that nothing is in writing then it can be ended.
The only good news is that they would need a Court order and as such you can delay the process by around 6 months at most.

But sadly as there is no agreement the Court will grant possession because you simply do not have anything.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: