How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am on pip{standard rate , gher rate } I receive council

This answer was rated:

I am on pip{standard rate for mobility, higher rate for care} I receive council tax benefit , housing benefit , I am unable to work .I will be house sharing with a stranger . he is registered disabled , he works 45 h/w and is on higher rate of mobility and standard rate of care . how will this affect my benefits ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is this person going to be your lodger?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

What is your number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is in a house sharing agreement with me . we wil be renting from the college where he works . the rentis £650 p/m . we will pay half each and half the utitlity bills. its a three bedroomed property
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the college owns the property , I just need to kow if I will lose any benefits

No. Your Housing and Council Tax benefit will be reduced as you will be paying less as it will be split with this person. But in effect that wont make any difference to you.

As for your other benefits, no it wont affect things - its just the Housing and Council Tax costs which will reduce for you anyway.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou . that's fe . have a nice day

And you.Good luck