How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

How can one get off sex offenders register in Scotland when

This answer was rated:

How can one get off sex offenders register in Scotland when you don't live there

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

For now please let me know if you were convicted there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was convicted
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Convicted in Scotland in 1997

Its bad news I am afraid you remain on the Sex Offenders register in the country you are convicted. It makes no difference whether you live there or not.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

The only way of getting off is to have the conviction appealed.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no that but after so many years on it you can get off it so can fight to get me off it thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sadly you can only get off if the sentence for you to go on it, or your conviction is overturned. Sadly there is no other way.

I am sorry. Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you