75100385

I have instigated a claim against a motor trader insomuch a

I have instigated a claim against a motor trader insomuch a car I purchased in February developed a major fault, he through his lawyer is claiming that he can prove there was no fault at time of purchase. I am led to believe that under the New Consumer Rights Act 2015. He is obliged to be responsible for any faults in the first six months after purchase

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Was this new or used please? What was the major fault?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a Renault Laguna Coupe 2010 model so used
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fault was the steering rack seized leaving me in a busy street with no steering

Ok then yes under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you have an opportunity to reject. If goods are faulty within 6 months then they are deemed to have always been faulty.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have quoted Consumer rights act 2015 section 19 (14) they have said that under section 19 (15) they are not liable

I would still bring a claim. I disagree that they are not liable.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you I thought they were trying to pull a fast one .

Yes, I think of course they are trying it on.

Can I clarify anything else for you about this today please?