How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

My daughter put a deposit on a new build flat - due to

Customer Question

My daughter put a deposit on a new build flat - due to various delays on their part they have now returned her deposit to her solicitor without explanation as they can sell the property for 100k more than agreed with her - what chances would she have if she took legal action against them and what would she expect to pay for such action
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


Had contracts been exchanged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


If contracts had not been exchanged, unfortunately, there is no breach of contract and as a result, there is no redress.

If your daughter has received her full deposit back, she has not suffered any loss and provide therefore does not have much of a claim.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards