How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I bought a 5 year "drive happy package" when I got my car

This answer was rated:

I bought a 5 year "drive happy package" when I got my car (both were on the same finance agreement). 2 years into contract, I wish to settle finance. I cannot transfer the "Drive happy package" to another vehicle. I asked the finance company to factor in the unused element of the package to reduce the settlement figure but they are refusing. What are my options?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did the terms of the package say it could be transferred or credited please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It cannot be transferred. There is no mention of credit

It's bad news then I am afraid, if it's says in the terms you are not able to transfer or silent on credit then you can't be.

Sadly you signed the contract and are bound by its terms.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the right to a reduction under consumer right act not have a bearing on future service which is not going to be consumed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vehicle was meant to be serviced over 5 years, only utilized 2 years and want they monetary value factored into a settlement. Is there no legal basis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You still online?

I was just off to bed as its 130am. This is not credit so no reduction - it's purchase of a service.

No entitlement to refund or reduction sadly.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
service was purchased on credit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that was what I wrote in my initial question. It was all bought on finance

Yes I know you purchased it on credit, but its not a credit product. If you dont use the actual product itself then that cant be transferred and you cant get credit for it.

You can ONLY get credit on any interest if it was a loan you have paid on it. That is all - credit on INTEREST, not the product itself.

Does that clarify? Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a service paid for by loan and was clearly costed yearly. Not what I was expecting and will research further. Thanks for your time

Happy to help but hope that clarified. Alex