How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I sold a freehold property in Cyprus. The email of my

Customer Question

I sold a freehold property in Cyprus. The email of my solicitor had been interfered with and he sent the money to the wrong person. He refuses to compensate me. What can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


Where was the solicitor based, Cyprus of the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Based in North Cyprus, but a London barrister and member of the Law Society
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


Is he practising with a licence from the Cyprus Bar Association? If so, you will have to file a complaint with the Cyprus Bar Association. Details can be found at the following link:

If he is qualified in the UK, you may also wish to file a complaint to the Solicitors regulation Authority or Bar Standards Board in the UK.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,