How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need an advice about car accident and blame away. Thank

This answer was rated:

I need an advice about car accident and blame for running away.
Thank you

How can i help with this please?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Police officer wants to have an interview with me about Car accident I failed to report. I had a call from insurance company about claim that I scratched the care in tesco parking area. All happened last month. My main question is how can I avoid criminal record. I'm ready to pay the claim even I don't feel guilty. I just can't get criminal record for my work. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you could answer to my previous question please

That is not really realistic I'm afraid. This is going to lead to a prosecution.

They may charge you with failing to stop and report and also with careless driving. If you plead to careless driving they may drop the failing to stop and report. That is a common deal that they accept.

if so, that would mean the conviction that you have is non recordable and so not on DBS.

I'm afraid that they are not likely to accept an alternative to prosecution though.

Can I clarify anything for you?