How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

Iam Lyle Davison, who enquirer about the need Italian/EU

This answer was rated:

Iam Lyle Davison, who enquirer about the need for an Italian/EU passport holder to have "permanent residence" in the UK BEFORE HE CAN OBTAIN ADMISSION TO A UK UNIVERSIYY. quEstion was submitted about noon today***@******.***


Please elaborate.

Nationals of other member states should receive the same treatment as UK nationals when applying for a place at university provided.

The regulations that define which groups of students all UK universities must charge the 'home' rate of fee to, are set out in legislation made by the UK government.

The UK legislation that defines who is eligible for 'home' fees sets out ten categories of people who qualify for 'home' fee status. Broadly speaking, eligibility for 'home' fee status depends on key things such as:

  • your status in the UK (e.g. whether you are a UK national, EU national or what other type of permission you have to live in the UK)
  • where you are living on the first day of the first academic year of your programme (this is not the actual 'first day' of the course. Usually it is the 1st September immediately before you begin your programme at QMUL)
  • how long you have lived in the UK
  • the type and purpose of your residence in the UK. There are special rules if you normally live in the UK but you have been living somewhere else temporarily e.g. because of your parent's temporary employment overseas

Many students think that length of residence in the UK is the only criterion, but there are other criteria that have to be met too.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

chatham-chamber and other Law Specialists are ready to help you