How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My pension compensation from was sent to compensation

This answer was rated:

My pension compensation from was sent to compensation company who persued my claim but they say they received an email supposedly from me changing account details. Consequently after taking £7300 in commission they paid my £40000 plus to an unknown account. Mark Clancy

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay have looked at my message ? Mark

Sorry. I sent that response by accident. I will opt out for another expert. Thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just to be clear, how did they get the account details?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They scammers didn't have my account details they got compensation company to send funds to their account by sending an email to them asking to change account to receive payment. They pretended email was from me.

AH ok - did you report it to the Police Mark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to the nrfc but the company involved are denying responsibility.

To the Police? Did they hack your account or just used your email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked with my provider my email is secure, I have never had the money, the company sent it on the strength of a single email from a scammer. They didn't confirm change of details with me they just paid £40000 plus into the account scammers provided !

Have you looked into your SENT box - is it there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no email sending different bank details

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rate you very good. Mark

Thanks - if you could tick the box or happy face please. Thanks!

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.