How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10740
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I have a tenancy agreement which was drawn up via a

This answer was rated:

I have a tenancy agreement which was drawn up via a reputable rental agency, and have been residing in the property for over a year. My rented home is a small cottage in the grounds of my landlord. The rent includes "all bills" so is all inclusive. Recently my landlord was visited by the Distruct Valuer on behalf of the Local Council Office as the property had not been listed separately as a dwelling subject to council tax so my landlord had not informed the local council that he had a second separate home on his grounds. I received a bill for 1 years back dated Council Tax and my Landlord refuses to pay this or reduce my rent in accordance with the terms of my contract which clearly states "all bills included". Can I deduct the council tax payment from the monthly rent? I have spoken to the letting agent agent who says the Lanlord has a contract with me which includes all bills and he has to agree to honour this as he is in breach of my tennancy agreement. I think my Landlord is beginning to realise this now, but the Council Tax bill is in my name and not his. What can I do? What is your opinion?

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. Just so I can answer you fully, could you let me have the clause in the Agreement which stipulates that your Landlord is responsible for paying all the bills relating to your property? Thanks Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need a quote from the agreement or the actual contract. I only have a hard copy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe it s better via a phone call

HI, I do need the actual wording. If you could email me the whole Agreement, that would be great. If not, could you just type out the appropriate wording of the clause? Failing that, I'm happy to chat on the phone. I look forward to hearing from you. Al

Aston Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you