How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Sorry, I forgot to ask: The amount of c.4500 GBP that is in

This answer was rated:

Sorry, I forgot to ask:
The amount of c.4500 GBP that is in the joint account, could I draw this out and put in my own saving account, as the only money that has gone into that account has come from me. That way I am in effect protecting myself financial for the costs, should I not be liable.

Thank you for the further question. Legally it is joint money if it is in the joint account and you would both be able to use it as you wish

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but we had verbal agreement that it remains in joint account for solicitors fees and this has also been noted by solicitor.

I see, in thst case you should check with your solicitor if there have been any formal arrangements, agreements or undertakings in place regarding this.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will do. I will get an email off to solicitor today to ask if this has been annotated on the financial disclosure form or within letter as I am not sure.