How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My brother has been found guilty of abh with s

Customer Question

My brother has been found guilty of abh with his ex-girlfriend. Her statement was a lie but there isn't much we can do about that now. He does have a previous conviction 6 years ago and served in youth offenders. He pleaded not guilty to case with ex girlfriend as all he did was snatch her mobile phone (not a clever thing to do I know). What is his likely sentence? There is no physical evidence, will he get a suspended sentence or is he likely to be sent to prison because of previous conviction?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

How long ago was the previous conviction? What was it for? What sentence did he get?

How old is he?

As he been charged under section 47 of the Offences Against the Person or a different section

If he snatched a phone from her, how did she get injured?

Were there any witnesses?

Can we have as much detail of the alleged assault and lies as possible please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I didn't realise this wasn't private and confidential. Therefore I need to stop the questions and answers. Can you please let me know how I do this and no further payments are taken from my card